Thursday, July 2, 2009

Frog in a Box at hopscotch!


I know, we aren't a pet store, but all of my toy store friends told me that kids are just crazy for these frogs, and what the kids are crazy for is exactly what I want to have. They are, first of all, complete eco-systems with a layer of "living gravel" on the bottom, a shoot of bamboo, a frog pooh eating snail, and two darling little frogs. We just call them frogs in a box. The frogs are both male so there won't be a bunch of little tadpoles to bring up. There are two frogs in each box because they like company. And they are sooo cute! They are African Dwarf Frogs. They have little black toe nails. They are supposed to live for about five years, and you only have to feed them twice a week, and change their water once every two years. Coming from a house with two rats, two dogs, two cats, and a full on aquarium that needs wayyyy more maintenance than that it seems to me the perfect gift for that child who is not allowed to have pets. They are a lot more personable than Sea Monkeys, the life span is longer, and the maintenance is about the same. I was always so disappointed that the Sea Monkey with the crown and scepter never did appear in my tank. Talk about your false advertising. Sea Monkey Family indeed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Forget the kids, *I* want one! They'd be right at home with our 3 cats, aquarium, 2 dogs, tons of chickens and 2 sheep (coming soon). Think I can get to the store without my kids in tow?