Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Quest for The Perfect Doll

You would think that it would be easy to make a simple sweet baby doll. You would be wrong. I have been on a quest for the perfect baby doll for years, and I have to say that Corolle is the closest I can find. Corolle dolls are a lot more expensive than dolls the next level down, but they are far superior. It seems to me that shaping the molds sweetly at least would be something that any doll manufacturer could accomplish but none of the cheap dolls can come close to Corolle. So many doll faces are pinched, or flat, and none of them has the translucent quality that the Corolle skin has. I also like the fact that each Corolle doll smells like sweet vanilla, not chemical and plastic. Considering the amount of time they spend snuggled under a child's chin, this is a really nice touch. The doll in the picture is a Berenguer doll, and we carry those too. For some the appeal of a doll that looks like a real baby is great. Not so much for me. They kind of creep me out. I carry them. I sell them well. I like that some are anatomically correct. I understand their appeal to young children, but I don't work late at the store so much when they are in stock.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A cute toy with cute face.
nyght
-----------
Free Satellite TV

Anonymous said...

A cute toy with cute face.
nyght
-----------
Free Satellite TV

Anonymous said...

A cute toy with cute face.
nyght
-----------
Free Satellite TV