Friday, June 19, 2009

the hopscotch and ASTRA story...

I jumped into this toy thing blind. I honestly loved McMinnville too much to let a great toy store close up. I knew NOTHING. But, I had been a conscientious consumer. I shopped specialty. I knew the name that would save me, I just didn't know that it would. That name was ASTRA. The American Specialty Toy Retailers Association. Every year I go to conference to get new ideas for improving my business and being a stronger positive force in my community. I just got back from this years St. Paul MN. Conference last night. I feel more inspired than ever. I was able to talk and listen to folks who have been in the industry for decades and generations. People who make toys, people who distribute toys, people who sell toys, and the wealth of their knowledge is invaluable to me. I have formed friendships that will last a lifetime. Every year I meet some new brilliant people who make me look at things anew. I found and ordered lots of exciting new toys, of course, those innovators just don't stop. I'll be sure to keep you posted as they roll in, but for now, I want to say watch for changes. Upgrades. Investments.... A regular blog ;-)

1 comment:

JohannSF said...

I'm looking forward to it.